Saturday, September 17, 2011

DIY Beauty Dish

I finally got around to making my own DIY beauty dish (using this tutorial)! Mine is definitely a little more ghetto though (lots of hot glue and tape was involved in the making of this) but it still works just as great and took me less than an hour to put together. Best part: it only cost me $3!

Finished set up (taken with my iPhone in the instagram app):


Didn't have a model around so I just used my mom and myself....and mom said she would kill me if I put her on the internet. So you get me instead!
Photos taken with my Canon 5DMKII and 50mm 1.4 lens. For lighting, I skipped out on the reflectors and just used one AB800 shot through the DIY beauty dish because I wanted to see how it does on its own (click for larger image):





I'm pretty satisfied with the results, but I think I'm going to modify it a little (like actually paint the outside black). Overall, excited to play with my new toy some more! Holler at me if you need head shots :)


1 comment:

Kate said...

Tida, I actually still need headshots. Lets do it!